Gerd De Bruycker is a Marketing Director at Cisco Systems responsible as the CMO for Northern Europe and leading the EMEA Events Team.
He is specialized in how event marketing is integrated into the overall marketing mix as part of customer journeys and audience touch point strategies. He and his team are responsible for Cisco´s top events in the region, like Cisco Live, Cisco´s trade show participation, event strategy and country event enablement services.
Before joining Cisco 7+ years ago, he worked for almost 10 years at Microsoft mostly in event marketing roles on a country, regional and worldwide level. He is also a guest lector at a high school in Belgium.
Gerd in few Tweets
- My passion in life are… my daughters
- Others say about me… that I am loyal, always wanting to do the right thing
- My biggest challenge is… wanting to travel and do too much
- An event deserves a best of the world award, if… it has a creative concept, delivering an unparalled customer experience and clear ROI.
- Creativity in events means… thinking out of the box
- Effectiveness in events means… providing the best customer experience to the audience
- My advice to the nominees… be concise and to the point in a creative and compelling way to explain the value of the event
- I am (back as) a Juror of Bea World because… I love to learn new creative things and meet new brilliant people